Sunday, August 11, 2013

A New Chapter

I've always thought of this blog as a way to document my family's adventures, successes, and excitement. As I am terrible at keeping a journal and am a visual learner, blogging with pictures seems to be my way of creating somewhat of a family history. So here's to starting anew my Caldwell Corner newsletter, if you will.
Apparently nothing happened in 2012 because I didn't blog at all that year! Just kidding! My excuse is: I was pregnant! The most exciting thing that happened in 2012 was the birth of my sweet Emily Anna on Dec. 23. Her three big brother's love to help take care of her, play with her, and sing to her. Daddy was wrapped around her finger from the first moment and mommy can't wait to see her smiles first thing every morning.
Emily on Christmas day 2012. Two days old with a sweet pink stocking from Grandma Lori.
The main reason I am making this goal of more consistent blogging is because of our next exciting news. In 6 days our family is starting a new chapter of our lives in Austin, Texas. We are moving from drizzling Banks, Oregon half way across the country in the hottest month of the year! Sam will still work for Intel doing whatever computer thing it is that he does. I will still get to be home with my babies. Erich will start second grade, Isaac will start first grade, and Christian will do pre-school at home with mom and Emily. We will be living closer to Sam's side of the family and we have 5 acres of land we are in the process of buying and preparing to build a house on.
Having lived in Oregon my whole life, this change is huge for me. I want this blog to be my connection with family and friends who will all be greatly missed. So check back often and see what we crazy awesome Caldwell's are doing.


1 comment: